Vegetarian Chili from the Public Health Cookbook, Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, in the public domain
- Cook Time: Approximately 30 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans, drained
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, chili powder, or chili seasoning mix
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, freshly chopped or dried flakes
- saute the onions and garlic in oil in a large sauce pan.
- Add carrots, tomatoes, herbs, spices, and beans.
- Cook on medium heat for 15 – 20 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.