Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: The Duke Diet
- Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 2 cups mushrooms, fresh whole
- 1 cup white onion, raw and chopped
- ½ cup green bell peppers, raw, chopped
- 8 tsp green chile peppers, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 cups tomatoes, canned whole without added salt
- cooking spray
- 1 tsp broth, reduced-sodium vegetable, without msg
- ½ cup water
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cumin, ground
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ⅔ cup black beans, canned
- 5¼ oz vegetarian crumbles, burger substitute, soy
- ⅓ cup chili beans, canned
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Slice mushrooms and sauté in skillet until browned.
- Remove from pan.
- Spray a dutch oven or stockpot with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add onions and peppers to the kettle and saute until vegetables are soft.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, broth, water, chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, beans, and soy crumbles, and simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional information Edit
- 170 Calories | 3g Total Fat | 0g Saturated Fat | 492mg Sodium | 0mg Cholesterol | 14g Protein | 27g Carbs | 8g Dietary Fiber
- Exchanges: 1 Starch | 2 Vegetable | 2 Protein
- Carb Choices: 1½
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.