Prep Time: 15 min
Cook time: 15-20 min
This chili is of a more sauce-like consistancy, making it perfect as a vegie sausage or baked potato topping, but nothing stops me from eating it with a spoon!
- 2 16 oz cans red kidney beans, liquid drained and reserved
- One pkg. Yves brand turkey crumbles
- One large red onion, diced
- Half a head of garlic, peeled and diced
- One large bell pepper, coarsley chopped
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
- 3/4 cup your favorite smokey barbecue sauce
- In a dutch oven, saute the red onion, garlic, and bell pepper over medium heat 3-4 minutes. The bell pepper should still be crunchy.
- Add the Yves brand turkey crumbles and cook about 1 minute until browned.
- Add the beans and salsa and stir. Add the barbecue sauce a little at a time to your own liking.
- Pepper to taste, and simmer over medium-low heat ten minutes, stirring frequently. Should the chili simmer off too much, add some of the reserved canning liquid.
- Salt to taste, remove from heat, and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.