- 8 lasagne noodles
- 14½ oz can tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green / sweet red pepper
- 2 x bay leaves
- beaten egg
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 oz pk frozen chopped broccoli
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1½ tsp dried basil, crushed or substitute ½ tsp dried oregano for ½ tsp of the dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-fat ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles and broccoli separately according to their package directions; drain well.
- Set aside.
- For sauce, cut up canned tomatoes.
- In a large saucepan stir together undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, celery, green or sweet red pepper, basil, bay leaves, and garlic.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncover, 20–25 minutes or till sauce is thick, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl stir together egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Stir in broccoli.
- Spread about ½ cup of the sauce in a 13x9x2" baking dish.
- Top with half the noodles, half of the broccoli mixture, and half of the remaining sauce.
- Repeat layers, ending with the sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 °F oven for 25 minutes; sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake 5 minutes more or till heated through.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information Edit
per serving: 282 calories, 18 g protein, 30 g carbohydrates, 10 g fat, 83 mg cholesterol, 646 mg sodium, 620 mg potassium.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.