- 8 ounces rice noodles, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced ((medium size))
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced (ripe)
- 4 ounces snow peas
- 4 ounces firm tofu, drained and cut into ¼ inch thick matchsticks
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup cashews, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 ounces fresh bean sprouts (1 cup)
- In large pot, bring 3 quarts water to a boil.
- Add noodles, stir to prevent sticking.
- Cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large wok or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and bell pepper and stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, snow peas and tofu and stir-fry until vegetables are just tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and lime juice and bring to a simmer.
- Cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Stir in cooked noodles and cilantro.
- Divide noodle mixture among plates.
- Sprinkle with cashews, scallions, and bean sprouts and serve right away.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.