Recipe from United Soybean Board
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 8 oz frozen all vegetable protein crumbles
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ chopped Anaheim chiles
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice cooked according to package directions
- 6 medium green peppers
- prepared salsa, optional
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil until softened.
- Add protein crumbles, tomato, water, chilies, cumin, ½ to ¾ teaspoon salt and pepper; mix well.
- Bring mixture to boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Gently mix in cooked rice.
- Cut ½ inch off the stem end of peppers; remove seeds and membrane.
- Bring water and 1 teaspoon salt to boil in large saucepan. Cook in boiling water 3 to 5 minutes; invert on paper towels to drain.
- Fill peppers with ¾ cup of crumbles-rice mixture
- Place in 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 376°F 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- If desired, serve with salsa.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving: 284 calories., 24.4 g pro., 49.5 g carb., 2.5 g fat (7% calories. From fat), 0.3 g sat. fat, 0 mg chol., 11.9 g fiber, 158 mg sodium, 20 g pro. from soy, 0.28 fat from soy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.