Contributed by Jenn b aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Source: Better Homes and Gardens
- Start to Finish: 50 minutes
- Makes 6 Servings
- 1 x 16-ounce loaf frozen whole wheat bread dough, thawed
- 1 small zucchini, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 small yellow summer squash, chopped (about 1 cup)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 2 medium red and/or yellow tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- On a lightly floured surface, roll bread dough into a 14-inch circle.
- Transfer to a greased 13-inch pizza pan.
- Build up edges slightly. Prick dough generously with a fork.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook zucchini, summer squash, crushed red pepper, and garlic in hot oil about 5 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Drain.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese over hot crust.
- Arrange tomato slices in a circular pattern atop cheese.
- Top with zucchini mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan or Romano cheese.
- Bake about 12 minutes more or until cheese melts and pizza is heated through.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.