- Makes about 20 pot stickers.
- ovo-vegetarian (I guess from the pot sticker wrappers?)
- 4 Chinese dried black (shiitake) mushrooms, soaked in hot water
- 1 cup spinach leaves, chopped
- ½ cup napa cabbage, chopped
- ½ cup bamboo shoots
- daikon or fresh or canned water chestnuts, chopped
- ½ cup pressed bean curd or tofu - chopped (proven optional or easily reduced)
- 1 tbsp green onion, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 pinch white or black pepper
- 1 lbs pot sticker wrappers, or homemade sheet pasta
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cup vegetable stock
- Squeeze excess water from mushrooms.
- Remove stems and discard; finely chop caps.
- Place mushrooms in a large bowl, and add spinach, cabbage, bamboo shoots, bean curd, green onion, ginger and garlic (and anything else you wish at this point-my friend added sprouts and put in less than half the tofu called for, and I'll probably add some fresh Japanese mustard leaves and Swiss chard stalks, and maybe some carrots bits, and leave out the tofu entirely).
- Mix gently with soy sauce, wine, cornstarch, sesame oil, and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of filling into the center of each pot sticker wrapper (friend said she"s going to stuff them a little fuller next time).
- Moisten edge of wrapper, fold over to make a half-circle, and pleat edges firmly together.
- Set each pot sticker upright on a platter, so that a flat base is formed.
- In a large non-stick or cast iron skillet, heat the 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil on medium high.
- Place pot stickers close together in the pan and fry about 1 minute, or until bottoms begin to brown.
- Pour enough vegetable stock into the pan to cover bottom half of pot stickers.
- Cover pan, reduce heat to medium, and cook 7 minutes, until the stock evaporates.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (no idea how many constitute a serving, unfortunately)
- cal: 159 (25% from fat, when bean curd is used) prot: 7 g fat: 4 g carb: 22 g sod: 343 g chol: 24 mg (pot sticker wrappers again?) fiber: 2 g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.