- 4 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 can kidney beans (19 oz)
- 1 can cannellini beans (19 oz)
- 1 tbsp leaf basil, crumbled
- 1 tbsp leaf oregano, crumbled
- 1 can tomatoes in juice (28 oz)
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ lbs fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pack (10 oz) broccoli, thawed
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Sauté carrot and onion in oil in large non-stick saucepan till softened, 5 minutes; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water if sticking.
- Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add drained and rinsed beans, basil, oregano, tomatoes (broken up), tomato paste and mushrooms; simmer, covered 25 minutes to mingle flavors.
- Add broccoli; cook 5 minutes.
- Add pepper.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ¾ cup serving:
- calories 190 | protein ~11g | fat 3g | carbohydrate 35g | cholesterol ~0 | sodium 523mg
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.