Eat More Fruits and Veggies by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 8
- Serves: 30 minutes or less
- 4 red red or green bell peppers
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 °F. Lightly oil a large shallow baking pan.
- Cut peppers in half (lengthwise) and remove seeds. Arrange peppers cut side up in baking pan and lightly oil cut edges.
- Halve tomatoes and chop onion and basil. Finely chop garlic.
- In a bowl, toss tomatoes, onion, basil, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon equal portions of mixture into peppers and roast in upper third of oven until peppers are tender, about 20 minutes.