An easy, hearty, healthy recipe that goes well with a simple salad. Meat eaters seem to like it too. The recipe is based on an old casserole that my mom used to make when I was a kid.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can of mixed beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons diced garlic
- 1 package yves' veggie ground round, original flavour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Bisquick
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Fry onion, garlic and peppers in a little olive oil or canola oil until onions are soft.
- Turn off heat and add spices, tomato soup, beans and ground round and mix well.
- Grease a casserole dish and transfer ground round mix.
- Sprinkle cheese over mixture.
- Mix remaining ingredients until smooth, then pour over first two layers.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.