Vegetarian Turkish Pide is a delicious variation on the traditional pizza.
- 1 cup sanitarium TVP
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 170 ml hot water
- 1 Turkish pide or focaccia
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 2 tablespoons water, extra
- 2 cups shredded English spinach
- 80 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- Combine TVP and hot water, cover and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick fry pan.
- Sauté the onion until golden.
- Add the cumin, cinnamon, currants, pine nuts, TVP and extra water.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Spread pide with tomato paste and top with shredded spinach, TVP mixture and feta cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crisp and golden, slice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.