Contributed by Indiancuisineandculture Y-Group
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels, cut off the cob and blanched in boiling water so corn kernels are still crisp; or 1 x 16-oz can shoepeg corn (small white and sweet kernels)
- 2 cups fresh peas, blanched in boiling water so peas are just barely done; or 1 x 16-oz can peas
- 2 cups fresh green beans, chopped in 2-inch pieces and blanched in boiling water so beans are still crisp; or 1 x 16-oz can green beans
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- one half cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate overnight and serve chilled.
- You will be surprised at how good this simple recipe is.
- Make sure to prepare it the day before so that the flavors have time to blend.
- Feel free to add or substitute other ingredients such as edamame, kidney or black beans.
- Please use the fresh ingredients if you are fortunate enough to have them handy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.