Description[edit | edit source]
- Ethnicity - South Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup: Raw rice
- ½ cup: milk
- 1/3 cup: green gram dal
- 11/2 tsp: black pepper
- 1 tsp: cumin seeds
- 1 tbs: Broken cashew nuts
- 1 tbs: Finely cut ginger (optional)
- A few: curry leaves
- 2 tbs: ghee
- 5 cup: water
- salt to taste
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Wash rice and dal and cook them together in five cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Add salt, curry leaves and ginger with half a cup of milk. Simmer for a minute and remove from fire.
- Fry cashew nuts, pepper and cumin seeds in ghee.
- Pour this over the rice-dal mixture.
- Mix well and serve steaming hot with ghee on top.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.