- 150g/+5oz unsalted butter
- 150g/+5oz icing sugar
- 50g/2oz cornflour (cornstarch)
- 180ml/6fl.oz. milk
- A pinch of salt
- The grated zest of 1 lemon
- 225g/8oz plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and grease and flour 2-3 baking sheets. *Place the butter, Sugar and the cornflour in a large mixing bowl and mix
- Add the milk and lemon zest and continue mixing to combine.
- Add the flour and beat well until the dough is soft.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a little under 12mm/ ½ inch then cut into various shaped biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheets, well apart, and bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool on wire racks.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.