Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny via World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 lb. ground venison
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 tsp. liquid smoke
- Combine ground venison and all spices. Mix very thoroughly.
- Roll mixture out between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper until it is about ⅛ inch thick.
- Use a butter or chef's knife and cut meat into 1 inch wide strips 4 – 6 inches long.
- Set the dehydrator to 140°F; it should take about 6 – 8 hours.
- Take a bite and test for texture. It should only be good and chewy, never mushy, and never brittle.