Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 8
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp salt
- 4 to 6 quarts boiling water
- 1 lb vermicelli
- grated Parmesan cheese
- pepper to taste
- Sauté garlic in olive oil 10 minutes. Don't brown.
- Cover; keep hot.
- Meanwhile, add salt to rapidly boiling water; gradually add vermicelli so water continues to boil.
- Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally until tender.
- Drain in strainer.
- Reserve ¼ cup cooking water.
- Stir reserved water into garlic/oil mixture.
- Pour over vermicelli.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and pass the pepper mill.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.