This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Manes Estate in Venus, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 crust package pie crust mix
- 4 cups fresh sliced peaches
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons tapioca
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Prepare 1 crust according to package directions then fit into pie pan and chill.
- Mix peaches, ½ cup sugar and tapioca.
- Blend remaining pie crust mix, sugar and nutmeg then cut in butter to make coarse crumbs.
- Pour peach mixture into pastry crust and top with crumb mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 40 minutes until crumb topping is light brown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.