- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3-ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup cooking oil
- ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mashed strawberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup coconut
- 1(16-ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ cup mashed strawberries
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup coconut
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 10-inch round cake pans.
2.In a large bowl, combine cake mix with gelatin. Add cooking oil and milk, beating at low speed. Add eggs separately, beating after each addition. Blend in strawberries, pecans, and coconut.
3.Pour batter into pans and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool layers in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans.
4.Frost cake with Strawberry Icing. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
1.Cream sugar and butter together. Add strawberries, pecans, and coconut. Mix well.
- Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource -- original source of recipe