- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in skillet and sauté onion over low.
- Mix bread crumbs, ground beef and onions.
- Add eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and paprika.
- Shape the meat into small balls, dusting hands with flour frequently.
- Melt the remaining 3 tbsp of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add meat balls and fry .
- Stir in 3 tbsp of flour and stir well until blended.
- Add beef broth and a bit of pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Cook about 5 minutes to get rid of the raw flour taste.
- Stir in sour cream a little at a time.
- Return meat balls to pan. Cover pan and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.