- 2 large leeks, cleaned thoroughly, green parts removed (unless you want green soup) and chopped roughly
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 medium white potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups veggie stock or pure water
- ⅔ cup high quality creamy soy milk (vitasoy original is the best, in my opinion)
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- 4 tbsp margarine (earth balance, if possible)
- sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- chives or green onions for garnish
- In a large pot, melt the margarine over medium-low heat.
- Add the leeks, celery and potatoes, and sweat them gently, stirring frequently.
- Do not let them brown.
- Add the veggie stock or water, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper, and simmer for approximately 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Liquidize this in your blender or food processor*.
- Transfer to a large bowl and cool in your fridge.
- Stir in the soy milk and chill thoroughly.
- Serve cold, garnished with chives or green onions.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.