- 1 large onion
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 – 8 potatoes, sliced
- 4 cups water
- 1½ to 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- scallions or chives
- In a large pot, lightly brown onion in butter.
- Add in sliced potatoes and water and boil until potatoes are tender.
- Add in salt.
- Purée and strain.
- Whisk in milk, ½ cup cream, and pepper.
- Heat to boiling point but do not allow to boil.
- Chill until cold.
- Add in remaining cream and scallions before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.