This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Printey Estate in Forney, Texas in 2001.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup cold unsalted butter sliced into pieces
- ½ cup currants
- 2 beaten eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Sift dry ingredients then add butter then stir in currants.
- Combine eggs and cream in a separate bowl and add to the flour mixture then blend batter until smooth then pat into a mound measure ¾ inch thick.
- But into triangles and sprinkle with sugar cinnamon topping.
- Bake in 375°F oven for 25 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.