Description[edit | edit source]
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cup Sugar
- 6 x eggs
- 1/2 cup Sweet cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond Flavoring
- 6 cup flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Make filling first: Boil pitted prunes and add Sugar and crushed cardamom seeds. Cook until Sugar dissolves. Cool. Beat well or put through food chopper.
- Dough: cream butter and Sugar, add eggs one at a time and beat well. Add cream and flavorings. Add flour sifted with baking powder. Blend well.
- Divide dough into 5 or 6 equal parts. Roll out and bake a layer on cookie sheet at 375F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- This dough will make one large (cookie sheet size) torte of 5 or 6 layers, or 2-9" tortes five or six layers each.
- When all the layers are baked and cooled, put together with prune mixture and ice with almond flavored butter icing, if desired.
- Makes 1 large or 2 small
Other Links[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.