This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Williams Estate in Tyler, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound boneless round steak
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large white onion chopped
- ¼ cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried mushrooms
- 1 package frozen green beans
- 1 jar sliced pimentos drained
- 2 potatoes boiled reserving liquid
- Coat beef with flour and pound into meat then brown in oil in heavy skillet.
- Push beef aside and cook and stir onions in oil until tender.
- Add enough water to potato liquid to measure one cup then mix with peppers, salt, Worcestershire sauce, marjoram and pepper.
- Pour over meat and add onions then heat to boiling and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until beef is tender.
- Rinse beans under running cold water and separate.
- Add potatoes, beans and pimentos to skillet then heat to boiling then reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until beans are tender.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.