- milk - 750 ml
- Cream - 250 ml
- vanilla extract 1 Teaspoon
- Egg yolks - 2
- Sugar - 50 g
- Corn starch - 40 g
- Mix dry ingredients together into a bowl small bowl
- Whisk the two egg yolks into about 100 ml of milk until even
- Mix the egg/milk mixture into the dry ingredients until no lumps
- mix the remaining of the milk, cream, and mixture into saucepan set to medium heat.
- Continually stir and mix. It should simmer, turn the heat down to med-low or low
- Continue simmer and stirring until it thickens to your liking.
- Pour into bowl and lay plastic wrap onto the vla up to the edges so it's sealed from the air
- Set in fridge until cooled
- The vla may have thickened while it cooled, you may add milk and stir to get the consistency you like
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.