- ½ cup of butter
- grated yellow rind of 1 lemon or 1 teaspoonful of vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup of sugar (granulated)
- 1 egg beaten light (not separated)
- 1¼ cups of flour
- First cream the butter; gradually beat in the sugar, the egg, flavoring and flour.
- Drop with a teaspoon onto a buttered baking sheet or, preferably, turn the mixture into a pastry bag with star tube (half inch) attached and dispose on the baking sheets in rings or figures the shape of the letter s; dredge with granulated sugar and bake in a quick oven.
- These containing no liquid but egg, are rather rich and are for occasional not daily use.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.