WebMD Weight Loss Clinic members: Journal as 1 portion light dessert or 1 portion fresh fruit
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Yield: About 4½ cups (9 x ½-cup servings)
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup light or regular plain yogurt or fat-free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- ⅓ cup walnut pieces (or coarsely chopped walnuts)
- ⅓ cup dried fruit like raisins, cherries, or cranberries (optional)
- Add mayonnaise, yogurt or sour cream, sugar and lemon juice to serving bowl and whisk well to blend.
- Add apple pieces, celery, walnuts and dried fruit if desired and toss everything together.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- 90 calories | | calories from fat: 45% | 2 g protein | 11 g carbohydrate | 4.5 g fat | .6 g saturated fat | 0 mg cholesterol | 1.3 g fiber | 66 mg sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.