Recipe courtesy of Bal Bhadra Singh, Corporate Master Chef at Bandhani Restaurant at The Pride Hotel, Ahmedabad.
- Contributed by Indiancuisineandculture Y-Group
- See also Gujarat on a platter - mouth-watering recipes...
- 100 g ghee
- 3 g cumin[ seeds
- 2 g asafoetida
- 25 g chopped onion
- 25 g garlic
- 10 g coriander powder
- 10 g cumin powder
- Soak wal for two hours, wash the rice and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- Then add garlic, followed by the onions and coriander powder, salt and turmeric.
- Put in the rice and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Add water and simmer till cooked.
- Serve hot with ghee.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.