- 1 cup pearl barley
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup celery
- ½ cup walnut, chopped or mixed almonds and hazelnuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Rinse barley under warm running water.
- Let drain.
- In a medium-size saucepan, bring to a boil and gradually add barley.
- Cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes, return barley to saucepan with celery, nut, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Garnish with parsley.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 187 | cho: 0mg | pro: 5g | sod: 59mg | fat: 7g
- Food exchanges: 2 starch/bread | 1 fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.