This is a traditional Persian dish according to cooking light. my family loved this!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 ounces) can chicken broth
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Heat oil in a skillet, add chicken and brown on both sides, 3 – 5 minutes per side, remove.
- Add onions and garlic to pan, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add walnuts, cook for 1 minute.
- Add flour, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, stirring.
- Add broth, stir to mix well.
- Return chicken to pan, cover, simmer 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens.
- Stir in parsley, salt, pepper, vinegar.
- Serve over rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.