Makes 6 servings.
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1 small tart red apple, cored and chopped
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Cook onion and celery in butter until tender crisp, 2 to 3 minutes in 2-quart saucepan. Add cider, rice, salt, cinnamon and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Add apple and walnuts, toss lightly. Cover and hold 5 minutes before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.