- 8 oz flour
- 6 oz butter
- 6 oz castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 2 oz walnuts, or roasted groundnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract if liked
- Line a cake tin with greased paper.
- Chop the nuts coarsely.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking-powder.
- cream the butter and sugar until white.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time adding 1 teaspoonful of the sifted flour with each to prevent curdling.
- Stir in half the flour, nuts and essence.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in remaining half of the (flour).
- Pour the mixture into a prepared tin and bake in a moderate oven.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.