Inducing a smooth combination of real fruit and fruit juice into any dessert, this red-hot dessert-based syrup is great on waffles, ice cream, brownies, or pancakes and keeps a colorful aroma with the fruits.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, including syrup
- The following berries may be either fresh or frozen:
- 2 oz. triple sec or orange juice
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Thaw frozen raspberries. Once thawed, purée the raspberries and syrup together and pour the raspberry purée into a shallow saucepan.
- Add triple sec (or orange juice) and bring to a low boil.
- When at a boil, remove from heat and immediately add berries and corn starch to the mixture; then stir.
- Return to heat and bring to a low boil again. Keep at a low boil for a few moments and remove from heat.
- Serve by pouring over vanilla ice cream, waffles, pancakes, brownies, and the like. Reserve the fruit-based syrup in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 5 tablespoons or 5 teaspoons
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.