- ¾ cup soy milk
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1½ cup packed grated carrots
- 3 cup day old whole grain breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup ground walnuts
- 1 each orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 each apple, cored and chopped
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup frozen pineapple juice -- concentrate
- 2 tsp slivered fresh ginger
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Whisk together soy milk, cornstarch and baking powder.
- Combine with other pudding ingredients and pour into a 9" x 5" cake pan.
- Cover with foil and bake 1 to 1¼ hours. Let cool for 30 minutes and cut into 8 squares.
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and cook over low heat 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apricots are tender and a light syrup forms.
- Creme: puree all ingredients in a blender till creamy, smooth and white.
- To assemble: pour about ¼ cup compote over a serving of pudding
- Top with a dollop of creme.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.