Makes 6 servings.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 2¼ pounds)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, cut into julienned strips
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- ⅓ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons drained capers (optional)
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 cups cooked rice (cooked without salt and fat)
- 6 large romaine lettuce leaves
- Sprinkle chicken with oregano, black pepper and salt.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add chicken. Cook about 7 minutes on each side or until brown and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Add red pepper and onion to skillet; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in broth, vinegar, capers, wine and sugar; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Combine rice with broth mixture in large bowl; toss.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on each plate; arrange rice mixture over lettuce. Slice chicken; fan over rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.