This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 medium potatoes
- 6 slices bacon
- ½ cup diced red onions
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Cook potatoes with skins on until soft then cool peel and cube.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Add onions and cook until tender.
- Drain off all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- Add flour, sugar, salt and pepper then and cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in vinegar and water and cook until slightly thickened.
- Add potatoes and garnish with parsley.
- Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.