Using fresh Scallops is the key to this simple salad.
- 1½ pounds sea scallops, patted dry (about 24)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup green onion, sliced (2 green onions)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1½ cups red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup corn kernels, fresh preferred
- orange slices, for garnish (optional)
- Season scallops with salt and pepper. Using one or two large non-stick skillets, heat oil over high heat until hot.
- Add scallops and sauté until browned and just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side (scallops should be opaque but not rubbery).
- Transfer scallops to a large bowl. Gently stir in green onions, lime juice and cilantro.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add pepper and corn. Sauté until softened and slightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add to bowl of scallops. Serve warm atop orange slices (if using).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.