- Lowfat cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, snipped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh Mozzarella cheese cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1.Spray a large skillet with lowfat cooking spray then raise heat to medium heat.
2.Add shallots (or onions), garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes or until shallots are tender.
3.Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes until tomatoes are warmed then remove from heat.
4.In a large bowl, toss tomatoes with the Mozzarella.
5.Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar then toss to coat evenly.
- For added color, combine a mix of red cherry tomatoes with yellow and/or orange cherry or pear-shaped tomatoes.
- Warmed Tomato Salad with Fresh Mozzarella from the Public Health Cookbook -- original source of recipe, public domain government resource