Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
This is a great (gluten-free) alternative to oatmeal — you’ll get an extra kick of protein from the quinoa!
- ½ cup cooked quinoa (red or white)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp agave nectar (could also use maple syrup or honey)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- handful chopped or slivered almonds
- ½ cup choice of fruit (strawberries, raspberries, peaches)
- Bring almond milk to a simmer.
- Add quinoa and let it cook down, until most of the almond milk has been absorbed, 3-4 mins.
- Add agave and vanilla and stir.
- Turn off heat.
- Add flax seed, almonds and fruit.
- Pour 2 tbsp almond milk on top, and stir.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.