From my Aunt Maggie's Collection, (date on card says 1897).
- Prepare in a large heavy saucepan with a tight fitting lid. Make the following batter and drop by the spoonful into the hot sauce.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1-cup flour
- ½ cup dates or 1-cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons cocoa
- 1-teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Bake on top of stove, covered tightly, for 35 minutes. Serve hot or cold. Both are good.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.