- 50 g (2 oz) butter
- 250 g (8 oz) Potato, diced
- 250 g (8 oz) leek, chopped
- 3 bunches watercress, stalks removed
- 1 liter (1 3/4 pints) chicken stock, salt and pepper to taste, grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- 4 tablespoons cream watercress sprigs to garnish
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Add the Potato and leek, and cook gently for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile finely chop the watercress. Add the chicken stock to the pan, bring to the boil and add a pinch of salt. Add the watercress and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan. Add the lime rind and juice, check the seasoning and heat through.
- Transfer to individual soup plates, swirl in the cream and serve garnished with watercress.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.