Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yields 1 stack per serving
- 4 points
- 2 sprays cooking spray
- 4 frozen hash brown potato patty, prepared without fat
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 3 oz Canadian-style bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp scallions, minced, green part only
- ⅛ tsp hot pepper sauce, optional
- ⅛ tsp table salt, or to taste
- ⅛ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 8 tsp ketchup, hot and spicy variety (optional)
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Place hash brown patties in skillet; cook over medium heat on first side until golden brown, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Flip patties; cook until golden brown on second side, about 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, coat a second large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-low heat.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, egg whites, bacon, scallion, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper; pour into prepared skillet and then increase heat to medium.
- Let eggs partially set and then scramble using a spatula.
- When eggs are set, but slightly glossy, remove from heat; cover to keep warm until hash browns are finished cooking.
- To assemble stacks, place 1 hash brown patty on each of 4 plates.
- Top each with ¼ of egg mixture and serve with 2 teaspoons of ketchup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
Finely diced turkey bacon makes a nice alternative to the Canadian bacon in this recipe. Just make sure to cook the bacon before adding it to the eggs.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.