This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Manes Estate in Venus, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch broccoli
- ⅓ cup shopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Combine cornstarch, chicken broth and lemon juice in a small saucepan then cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened.
- Stir in sugar, lemon rind and pepper.
- Trim off large leaves of broccoli then remove tough ends of lower stalks and wash broccoli thoroughly.
- Cook covered in small amount of boiling water for 12 minutes then drain and arrange on serving platter.
- Spoon sauce and pecans over broccoli and serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.