Contributed by Pets Holistic Med Community
Pets Holistic Med is a community based on Holistic Pet Care Issues. Membership to the site is free. Also, feel free to participate in the Pet Holistic Forums, check out our free articles, web resources and our eBook.
Dr. Mayra Alfonso has published a Holistic Pet Care Guide exclusively available on this site. This manual is a must for pet owners. Be sure you know the facts about your pets health care options before damaging your pets health and well being with dangerous and risky treatments!
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup rye flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine
- ½ cup milk
- Combine oatmeal, ¾ cup of the rye flour, sugar and butter together.
- Slowly add the milk till a firm but slightly sticky dough forms.
- Scrape out dough onto a wooden board or counter.
- Knead in the rest of the rye flour till the dough stiffens a little.
- Wrap in saran wrap and chill for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out dough till ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut into shapes (I like to use scotty dog cutters).
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn off oven and let biscuits rest till cool in oven with the door closed.
- Store in air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.