Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 2 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- additional black sesame seeds
- Beat cream in large bowl until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and ginger.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Using long serrated knife, trim rounded tops off cakes to create flat surface.
- Place 1 cake layer, cut side up, on plate.
- Brush top with ⅓ cup ginger syrup.
- Spread half of ganache over top of cake.
- Place second layer, cut side up, atop first layer.
- Brush with ⅓ cup syrup; spread with remaining ganache.
- Top with third cake layer.
- Brush with remaining syrup.
- Spread sides and top with whipped cream frosting.
- Sprinkle top with black sesame seeds.
- Refrigerate until ganache is set, about 4 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.