- 8 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup Raisins, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups warm milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Mixed Spice
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup fine Sugar
- 120g (4¼ oz) Butter, melted
- 3 tablespoon Whisky
- Grease 4 ovenproof serving bowls.
- Cut crusts off the bread, spread the butter over the slices and cut each into 4 triangles.
- Place four triangles into each serving bowl, sprinkle with some brown sugar and the raisins.
- Place remaining triangles on top and sprinkle with the rest of the Sugar.
- Whisk the eggs, add the warm milk and vanilla Sugar, whisk again and pour the mixture over the bread.
- Sprinkle with mixed spice.
- Place bowls on a baking tray and bake for 15 – 20 minutes at 220 °C (425 °F) in preheated oven.
- To make whisky sauce, beat eggs and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- While still beating add hot butter and whisky.
- Pour over pudding.
- Serve with cream or ice cream.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.