White Bean, Basil and Sundried Tomato Pizza from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: About 30 minutes
- Serves: 6
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1 x 15-oz. can Great Northern or Navy beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 x 10-oz. thin crust pre-made pizza crust (such as "Boboli")
- 1 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup shredded, reduced-fat, mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl and pour boiling water over them enough to just cover and let stand for 10 minutes to soften them. Drain well then chop into thin strips.
- Place beans, garlic and oregano in a food processor. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Spread bean paste over surface of pizza crust.
- Sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes, basil and cheese.
- Place pizza on an ungreased cookie sheet or pizza pan and bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.