Cook Time: About 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 10-oz. thin crust pre-made pizza crust (such as "Boboli")
- 1 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded, reduced-fat, Mozzarella cheese
1.Preheat oven to 425º F.
2.Place sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl and pour boiling water over them enough to just cover and let stand for 10 minutes to soften them. Drain well then chop into thin strips.
3.Place beans, garlic and oregano in a food processor. Cover and blend until smooth.
4.Spread bean paste over surface of pizza crust.
5.Sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes, basil and cheese.
6.Place pizza on an ungreased cookie sheet or pizza pan and bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- White Bean, Basil and Sundried Tomato Pizza from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health -- original source of recipe, public domain government resource