Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Diabetes Food And Nutrition Bible by Hope Warshaw
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp minced green pepper
- 2 tbsp unbleached white flour
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2½ cups fat-free, reduced-fat chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked white navy beans or cannellini beans
- 1 cup white corn (frozen or fresh)
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish: ¼ cup minced parsley
- In a large stockpot, over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, and green pepper and saute for * 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour and cumin over the onion mixture and cook 1 more minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the parsley and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer and cover,and cook for 30 – 35 minutes.
Nutrition information Edit
Per serving (1 cup):
- 197 Calories: 197 | 3g Fat | 0g Cholesterol | 204mg Sodium | 34g Carbs | 7g Dietary Fiber | 5g Sugars | 11g Protein
- Diabetic exchanges: 2 starch | 1 very lean meat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.